Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween in the Hundred Acre Wood

Halloween has never been that big of a deal to me, but to deny the joys of an evening of dress up and free candy to a toddler is just plain mean. This year we were in Minneapolis for the big event, having tagged along with Ken to his "Big Conference." We got to spend time with Russ and Meghan Menno style, with the girls and I spending time with Meghan and Olivia, and Ken meeting Russ for lunch. It was nice to be out, to spend time with other people in a different place. Alison, the family friend we were staying with mentors some families new to the country, so we got to trick or treat with a family from South Korea and Teresa took a shine to a teen named Munsi (I hope I spelled that right), who is visiting from China. Teresa drew her own pumpkin face (it will be obvious) and was exhausted by the time we were ready to leave. I wish I could elaborate on this post a bit more, but the fact is I'm in a funk and totally not in the mood to be loquacious. I will apologize by posting an obscene number of cute pictures.


It's funny because Frances looks like she's smoking a cigar...


Teresa, explaining the complexities of life and toy trains.


Yes they are close to the same age.....why do you ask?


Auntie Sarah and Teresa carving. Teresa wanted to use the big knife, but Sarah does not like to share. If you look closely, you will see a scribble between the two eyes. That is the "face". The two "eyes" are actually drawings of Frances and myself. The "mouth" is actually fur. I don't understand either.


Frances getting in on the action. Sarah wouldn't let her use the big knife either....spoil sport.


The finished product.


Tigger and Eeyore. This picture was taken seconds before Frances fell to the ground face first.


See, she's tough.


My gang from the Hundred acre Wood. Ken went as Christopher Robin.


Action shot!


Teresa and Munsi, Minneapolis BFF's.

5 comments:

Jackie Yost said...

Great to see Tiger, Eeyore and Christopher Robin! I am glad the weather cooperated for you.

Pearl said...

That is an awesome pumpkin design - good job Teresa! I also love the costumes - Eeyore and Tigger! So cute! (Christopher Robin? Umm... not so much.)

Sarah said...

That was Frances with Munsi, but I think I did put away a knife and some smaller sharp, poky carving tools she was making a beeline for. Almost as interesting as the pumpkin guts!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your stay with me. I hope you didn't have any encounters with the State Patrol on your way home. Manci says hi!

Alison

Anonymous said...

Cute beyond words but I am surprised there were no pictures of Frances when she did the face plant. Clearly a chance for a memorable picture passed by in the name of coddling the kid. Was there more loot in Minneapolis than Winnipeg?

I also detect a note of cynicism about the value of Ken's conference. I am sure it contributed enormously to his ability to teach.

Dad