Friday, September 11, 2009

First Days....

Teresa will have many first days, more than I care to think about right now. Thursday was her first day of pre-school. Well, technically it was her second day, but I don't count her first day since ALL  the parents were there. Thursday was her first day without me, and while I am totally fine with this new stage in Teresa's life, let's not ask Ken about it. He's feeling a little vulnerable right now, poor muffin.

Since the pre-school is just down the street from our house we walked. After dropping Teresa off, Frances, Rowdy and I went for a nice long walk at a pace quicker than molasses and enjoyed the quiet. Teresa had a fabulous time. She glued stuff, painted stuff, danced and listened to stories. She didn't miss me one bit, which is the way it should be.

"Mommy, this picture is making me mad." End quote.

The walk would have gone faster if she didn't want to pick up EVERY. SINGLE. LEAF.

Teresa in motion

She was so excited and ran so fast down the steps the flash didn't have time to charge.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

does Teddy go to preschool, or wait for her at home?

Cara said...

Teddy was in her backpack, in case of emergency:)

Pearl said...

I don't recall EVER being that excited about going to school. Enjoy it while you can Teresa - it'll soon become a daily grind... ;)