Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Place I'd Rather Be

You know how there are some places you just love to be? Well, for me one of those places is the English Garden at Assiniboine Park. Why do I love it so much? Because, who wouldn't want to spend time here:
Or here:



Also, it's just a really nice place to take the girls for a stroll. Teresa can run around like a maniac and Frances can observe from the comfort of her stroller. For an hour I can live the life of Elizabeth Bennett in between looking at frogs, butterflies, and dragonflies with Teresa. Although I usually take the girls on my own (we have been several times), today we had Ken with us for some lovely quality time. Once Ken is back at work, the girls and I will resume our Park adventures, and for me it will be nice to be able to witness the garden change with the seasons, and find a frog or two.

Teresa in action...

This plant is called an Angel's Trumpet, it smells amazing.

I took some cute pictures of the girls while we were there.

Explorer Frances.

Teresa in her "princess dress"

From the sculpture garden. When Teresa first saw this she said "Mommy, I can see that ladies' tushie!"

We only found one frog today...

Ken and Rowdy relaxing in the sun.


Another lovely view...

A very nice man took our picture for us. 

3 comments:

Meghan said...

What a lovely place! Teresa looks beautiful in her kilt.

Pearl said...

I am forever amazed at Frances's ability to look completely nonchalant in pictures. "Yeah, you all look at the camera. I'm just going to kick back and see if I can raise my leg above the stroller deck. Hmm... What do you know? It works."

Anonymous said...

Sunshine and flowers while it pours here in Ottawa ruining our plans to go to the vintage plane show. Not that I'm jealous!

Dad.