Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yostapalooza '09

Well, the reason there have been very few posts for the last month and a bit is because we have been at the beach with the Yost clan. Usually, we spend a few weeks with Ken's parents, with Sarah dropping in for a bit, but this year was different. To celebrate their upcoming 40th wedding anniversary, Greg and Jackie hosted and old fashioned family reunion, and we have the pictures to prove it.
It was great to see Teresa and Frances with their Yost family, and while Ken and I had a great time visiting with everyone, it is always a sad day when everyone has to leave. As a child, I was lucky in the fact that I saw both sides of my extended family on a regular basis, and I wish the girls had that same opportunity, and that their aunts, uncles and grandparents could watch them grow up live in person. But, apart from some mass exodus from Ottawa this will not happen. So thank you, Greg and Jackie, for putting this together. Ken, Teresa and I have many fond memories of this summer, some of which can be viewed here:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww, Tony looks so nonthreatening carrying a frog umbrella :)

Anonymous said...

Although, I do think that, in his hands, the ice cream looked like a dangerous weapon...

J.