Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Six Months Young

It is hard to believe, but Frances is 6 months young, and although logically I understand she has not been a member of this family for very long, it feels as though she has ALWAYS been with us. Don't worry, I'm not going to get all metaphysical on you, I'm just saying my memories of life before Frances, and before Teresa for that matter, grow more dim with each passing day. Ken and I once lived alone together, with the quiet and the sleeping and the year when money rained down on us from the heavens. We were happy together, but in a different way. Teresa, then Frances have filled in the missing pieces, as will any subsequent children.


Frances has entered a new phase of babyhood and has now begun to eat solid foods. I thought I would be more excited about this that I am, but the fact is nursing has grown on me, and at least I can give it up in stages. Frances and I can wean together. Frances is now sitting up on her own, and can do a slow army crawl toward whatever object catches her eye. When she is hungry, she looks at me and makes a mmmmmmmm sound and reaches for me, which may account for my willingness to fill her request. Frances is well on her way to toddlerhood, and this makes me happy and sad at the same time. In the meantime, we will continue to play, chat and giggle together with daddy and Teresa, in other words, we will enjoy being together.

Teresa decided to have her own photo session at the same time.

Now that Ken has showed me how to make a slideshow using iphoto I am unstoppable! Here is a compilation of pictures from Frances' first six months.


3 comments:

Jennifer P said...

She is pretty stinking cute. Still can't convince me 3 is a good idea.

And yes, nursing brainwashes you (in the best way possible).

Ken said...

IIRC you didn't think 2 was a great idea either...;)

Sarah said...

I want to see Teresa's photos! (She *did* have batteries in that thing, right?)