Sunday, May 31, 2009

If you go out in the woods today.....

This week was a week of firsts for the Yost clan. Teresa rode her trike for the first time, Frances rolled over for the first time and the family attended their first Teddy Bear's Picnic. And while the trike (video to come soon) and the rolling over were very exciting, the picnic wasn't exactly what I expected. The day was lovely and we had a picnic lunch while watching some dance groups do their thing on the Lyric stage, then we waited in line....for everything. Most booths were giving out free stuff, always nice, but you would wait 20 minutes in line so that your kid could spend 5 minutes doing some colouring, or a small game. The wait to get your teddy check-up was in the hours, and after a quick cost benefit analysis, I decided the benefit was not worth my time, or Teresa's. It is not fun to wait in line, especially when you are two. Will we go back? Probably, when Teresa and Frances are both older. I think we will plan to go with other families, so that the kids can run around and play. Not that there weren't some fun moments....



Here we are, on or way into the mayhem....

Frances with her teddy. She has not picked a favourite yet, so I chose for her.

My girls and I.

Rowdy contemplating a nice light snack:)

Teddy Bear Ken

And Frances

Teresa meets Dr. Goodbear

And Goldie, our baseball teams' mascot.

Teresa also saw her favourite TV show character, Super Why. She refused to hug him though, already showing signs of mascot fatigue.

Frances was totally wound up by the excitement.

Teresa was a little too comfortable in the back of the cruiser....she is indeed buckling her seatbelt.

Officer Yost?

Some of you may recall that I spent a summer as Louie the Lightening Bug, this one was okay... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was unaware of the bug mascottage... thanks for en"light"ening me!

J.

P.S. I think Frances made an excellent choice on the teddy!