Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some random stuff...

Well, I have been quite busy in the first week back realizing how much work there still is to do.  I am in the midst of taking a break from writing an exam while watching football and decided I should write an update.

The only thing I can really think about commenting on is that Teresa & I went to her first swimming lesson yesterday.  For some reason I thought that magically her fear of not being able to touch the bottom of the pool would be cured by lessons.  She was pumped up to swim until she realized what it meant.  In the end, we compromised and she went down two steps and played a bit in the water, as she would at Grand.  It is incredibly frustrating though as she loves being in the water when she can run around on her own.  I think it is just that she prefers being independent.

Beyond that I am posting a few pictures of her baptism anniversary celebration.  We had both of her godparents and she got to eat grilled cheese & fries which she loves...


Yummy!
Admiring her gift from Sarah - a Mother Teresa doll
Can't have a party without cake & ice cream
Teresa giving Rowdy a beautiful angel hat
Playing with her trucks...  She will get mad if you call the bulldozer anything other than a CaterpillarTM. Teresa also likes lining them up like a train and makes her Little People (including the bunny rabbit) drive them.
Cara was taking pictures and Teresa really wanted a picture of herself with Teddy...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it's not just our pool... We just got Louis home and mom came to visit... He's getting used to his crate right now (it's killing me) but he's been good all day - hope Teresa loves him when she gets here!

Cara said...

I'm sure Teresa will love Louis, as long as he already meets her strict size requirement. Danes grow fast right?

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... you're supposed to get presents on the anniversary of your baptism?!? Who's been keeping this secret from me? I've missed out on 29 years of gifts! Outrage!!!

Ken said...

29 years of gifts Pearl? Me thinks your math needs some checking!

Anonymous said...

I barely got any gifts for my actual baptism, so I count that as a missed opportunity, too! 28+1=29. My math is impeccable. So there! :P

Ken said...

Like you remember your baptism!

It's not my fault Teresa's godparents care about her :)