Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pain Delay

When I was at the doctor's office today I had just one question to ask her.

Me "Why does it feel like I bruised my tailbone when my tush is so well cushioned as to render that impossible?"

Dr. P "Well....(flipping through file) I see you had a lot of back labour and the baby was facing the wrong way. Often this can result in pelvic injury that is not noticed until the next pregnancy. We have to be cautious, we wouldn't want you to break anything during delivery."

Me "Oh joy."

Dr. P "If you are very uncomfortable, you can take some Tylenol."

The thing is, I am uncomfortable, but not Tylenol uncomfortable, shooting up illegal drugs uncomfortable. As I move around it gets better, but I look like a wounded gazelle getting out of bed in the morning. According to Dr. P, the good sign is the baby is low and getting ready for the main event. The sooner the better says I. While I am grateful that the baby is healthy and doing well, I would rather my arms and not my pelvis be cradling it right now.

In other news, Teresa has read my mind and keeps stroking my belly and asking the baby to come out. She wants to meet mystery baby as well. I have told her the baby will be here to stay, and she seems okay with that concept for now....and I can't wait for them to be introduced.

Showing off the ladybug and bumble bee we made

I asked her to smile for the camera....maybe I should cancel the beauty pageant head-shots:) 

Teresa took the batteries out of one of her toys and stuck them to the magnets herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear you're in pain - taking one for the team so we can all meet Mystery Yost... Best wishes!

J.