Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Teresa's New Bedroom

Well, it is official. The machinations for Teresa to move out of her crib and into a bed are well underway. First, let me put the rumours to rest, as the entire blogosphere seems to be abuzz with rumours of Cara being pregnant, and that is why we are moving Teresa. This is patently false, we have always discussed keeping the nursery the same for a 2nd child in the future and moving Teresa to a big girl bed around 18 months...

As for her new bedroom. We will be moving her into her new room after Spring Break (when we plan an weaning her from her soother). The room will be painted, but we aren't sure of the colour scheme yet. Cara went to Home Despot and picked up a bunch of paint chips today. I am not particularly sold on any particular ones yet, as I want to see what her bed-sheets will be. As we mentioned before we were thinking of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, but Cara also saw another nice one that she liked too, so we'll pick them together, likely this weekend. We will empty the room and reuse the baseboards, but get new blinds.

Teresa's bed has been bought and assembled in the basement. We bought a bunkbed from Jysk.

This is a good deal, as it allows us lots of flexibility. First, we can use the top half first with the railing to keep her from rolling off. Secondly, it was on sale and ended up costing only what 2 single beds would cost, and we can use them together or separate. Finally, should we want to stack two kids in a single room, this makes it easier. We already have a mattress too. Thankfully the stinking government tried to steal money from us this year, but we got it back so we can (kinda) afford this stuff. Our reclaimed earnings might also do exciting things like pay for a new eavestrough!

In other news, Teresa keeps saying new stuff constantly, and she has said some longer words lately. She has been on edge though due to her molars trying to peek through and actually ran away from me when I came home this morning! Hmmm... Not much else beyond congrats going out to Ken for getting engaged, I should mention that we are now rarely kenneling Rowdy, only when he has been left alone for a day, the Habs are great and I may have to find a way (it may involve selling drugs, like Tony has had to to pay for his house :) to raise funds to get there for Stanley Cup Final game... Oh yeah, I brought Teresa to the hairdresser on Saturday alone and I got my mop whacked along with her bangs trimmed.


Just looking cute with the sprout hairdo.



When I download pictures from the camera, sometimes I see things that I wasn't there for that make no sense. I'll let Cara try to explain this one in the comments.



Teresa was eating vegetables, and happened to squish a pea onto her forehead.



This one requires a longer explanation. Teresa has started getting into our Lazy Susan where we keep pots & pans because she loves banging them and playing with them (which cause us to trip all over things). Well, she had successfully pushed things around such that she jammed it open, and I had to try to blindly reach in and remove everything from behind it. In a nook, I found this can that was old crab meat & corroded... The picture doesn't do it justice. Cara looked it up on the internet. The compeny was formed in the 80's, but they no longer produce this product so we can't place an age on it.



Teresa really wants to curl I think. She has worn my slider & gripper, now she's tried sweeping, and here she shows good form for coming out of the hack.



Making faces to Cara



Cara had Teresa trying to help out by picking out paint samples she liked. Teresa likes them all, and they clash so either we will need to make choices, or she'll have one ugly room!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photographic evidence of your cruelty to that munchkin!!! What kind of parents would lock up the cupboard where she keeps her books?!?!? :)

And the can you found in your kitchen is almost as scary (but not quite) as the one that one of my friends in Oz found (and then used as a secret santa gift)... I'll tell you about it sometime.

J :)

Cara said...

Don't fret James, the locked cupboard holds books that she cannot play with, there is a separate compartment that holds a billion (rough estimate) books she looks at.

Other parents are sooo judgmental!

Cara

Anonymous said...

The new hairdo looks really good. Good luck with the bedroom painting project. Somehow, I assumed you would get Tigger wallpaper. Perhaps you aren't a true fan.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I vote for pink!!! Or paint it in Habs colours - just to make Tony cringe every time he thinks of it.

Ken said...

I like the Habs colours idea!!! This will singlehandedly bring them to a Cup victory! GO HABS!

What? Cara doesn't seem to care that this will the tri-colores victorious, she has put the kai-bosh (sp?) on it!

Anonymous said...

Pearl,

Pink is just plain child abuse. If its chosen, I will have to report Ken and Cara to Child Protection!

Alison :-)

Cara said...

Alison, you've said that so much it's lost all meaning:) In this case though, I agree with you. Pink rooms always reminds me of pepto-bismal.