Monday, March 08, 2010

Field Trip!

The girls and I went to the conservatory in Assiniboine Park this morning, and I was very pleased with what I found. They have done a lot of work, as there is now a second turtle pond, no more astro turf and there is some beautiful glass art on display. There were not many people about, so the girls had the run of the place. Some of the gardeners even played and chatted with them for a bit. I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can wreak mayhem outside as well!

 Happy turtles in their new (to us) pond.

 Frances loved the tulips

 See...

 Part of the displayed artwork is this beautiful water feature.

This is Frances' new "teething face"

 Teresa checking out the koi.

 My little ladies.

 Teresa spent most of out time there running.

This was my favourite. It was based on the element of wind.

3 comments:

Pearl said...

Blog updates - hooray! It's a miracle! For a while there, I was worried you guys had given up blogging for Lent. :)

Love F's teething face - she looks like an adorable little roaring lionness.

Jacqueline said...

I am surprised mom hasn't commented yet... I agree completely with Pearl "teething face" is the new cute (unless, of course, you are the parent needing to deal with the sudden eruption of multiple teeth!)

:)

Anonymous said...

I prefer the smiling face to the teething face but then I am a conservative who is opposed to change of any kind.

Dad