Thursday, February 18, 2010

We've been Francie-Pants-ed

And couldn't be happier about it. Miss Frances, you have taken this family by storm, and we have all fallen for your goofy grin and contagious giggle. We have seen you develop from a bleary eyed infant to the determined toddler you are today. And yes, you are a toddler, although I would love to keep referring to you as my baby, the fact is, you are not. You are walking around the whole house at this point, you have begun to verbally express your wants and needs and, thank goodness, are sometimes feeding yourself. You have reached the point in your life where you are no longer, but will always be, my baby.
This year has also been a year of adventure for you. You have been to Ottawa twice, to Minneapolis, the zoo, many museums. You have touched a baby crocodile and a boa constrictor, and maybe some other strange animals, I know you are often up to no good when my back is turned. Each time we take you some place new, you want to get out there and experience it with your sister and any other big kids that happen to be around. I think that is why you were so determined to first roll over, then crawl, pull yourself up, climb stairs, climb any stationary object really, and finally walk. You accomplished all these tasks with practice and determination, and with very little concern for your own safety. You get so very frustrated when things don't go your way, but this seems to motivate you. You keep failing until you succeed, and you do not rest until things go your way.
One of the things I love most about you is that every day you go for the gusto, nothing is halfway with you, nothing a compromise. I hope a part of this trait stays with you, I pray that you continue to begin each day with that infectious grin, knowing that each day holds a new adventure, a new skill to hone. I pray that each day you go for the gusto, slowing down just enough to let your parents keep up with you.



This is a slideshow of Frances' first year. The song is "I Could be Nothing" by The Great Lake Swimmers.

1 comment:

Jackie Yost said...

Happy Birthday Frances!

Grandma & Grandpa