Friday, October 02, 2009

Don't fret Bessie, you were scrumptious!

This will not come as a surprise to those who know me, but autumn is my favourite season, by far. Summer is usually too hot and spring tends to be too damp, but autumn, well, autumn rocks it out. The chill of the outdoors tends to make the house feel cozy, and fresh bread tastes better when its cold out, as does apple pie and roast chicken. I love roast chicken, but I never make it in the summer, for obvious reasons. We got a great deal on chicken from the local Hutterites, so yesterday I roasted a chicken (Bessie, in honour of one of Teresa's favourite books), and served it with a mixture of white and sweet mashed potatoes and fresh bread with butter (not margarine). Yesterday, dinner was delicious!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Complaints about summer being too hot seem slightly out of place given this year.

Dad