Wednesday, October 21, 2009

8 Months

Frances' 8 month birthday was actually on Sunday, but I did not take her pictures then because, well, it was cloudy. You see, I hate the flash on my camera, and I don't like the look of pictures taken with a flash. So, the only sane solution was to wait until we had a day with some sun of course. But I digress, on with the actual subject of this post.

In her 8th month of life, the biggest development with Frances has been her ability to crawl. She is pretty speedy actually, and is making a very cute nuisance of herself. In the positive column, Frances is now free to roam and explore her surroundings, which makes her happy. In the negative column, she is obsessed with Rowdy's water dish, and I usually have to pull her out of it a few times an hour. Rowdy has not been able to eat a meal in peace either, as Frances also enjoys watching him eat, and likes to get as close as humanly possible.

She loves to be where the action is, and follows me throughout the morning as I do whatever it is I have to do that day. Since Teresa often plays by herself, it's nice to have a dishes companion. She loves to hang on to my legs and try to stand. She hasn't succeeded yet, but she grins the entire time. That is one of the best things about Frances, she is always smiling, usually happy, and is just a delight, a pure joy.










2 comments:

Meghan said...

Smiley Frances!! Olivia wishes you a happy 8th month!

Pearl said...

She looks like she got a haircut...? Or am I just crazy?