Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lucky

I've always known Ken and I were lucky, it seems we have always been able to either acheive or hang on to the things that are most dear to us. However, this picture really brought home for me how lucky our kids are.

You see, Mike plays the banjo, and Frances loved it. She was a little cranky one night, so Carolyn took her outside to dance and enjoy a good dose of banjo goodness. I remember seeing this and realizing in that moment, our children truly are surrounded by love, how lucky they are to be so blessed in this life. It is so true, Teresa and Frances are loved to death, not just by their parents, but grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles, great-aunts and uncles, and friends. There is a very eclectic and wonderful force of kindness that will not only care for our children, but influence and guide them in areas Ken and I cannot. The cracks in Ken and I's parenting will be filled by those we associate with and care about in return. It boggles the mind sometimes, how blessed we are.

No comments: