Friday, July 24, 2009

Five Months

Well Miss Frances, you are now five months old. Your favourite activities continue to be drooling, sucking on your fist, eating, and whining about how you cannot crawl, yet you continue to improve in all these things. I admire your tenacity, except about the whining thing, that is getting irritating. However, since you are cute, I forgive even that shortcoming.

After two weeks of consistent effort, you have finally perfected the art of toe sucking and you are pretty darned pleased with yourself.
There are a few things I have learned about you in our short time together. You are determined, and a happy, lovely child. You also have a keen sense of revenge, as demonstrated by several hair pulling incidents whose timing was too convenient to be coincidence. I cannot protect you from your sister forever, you will have to learn the fine art of subtly, should you choose to continue on this route. I have no doubt that you will eventually drive Teresa crazy, and my advice to you is this: run faster scared than she does angry. Or, pull out the innocent look you have been practicing.

The last thing I will say is this. Although I love every bit of you, my favouite thing is your flipper feet.

Or maybe your face...I can't decide.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

I think the "innocent face" would be the better option. and remember, Frances - practice makes perfect. Trust me. I should know! :)