Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween - Part 1

Well, I think I told people that I would be The Man in the Yellow Hat and Teresa would be Curious George...  While we didn't get her the officially licensed product, we got something that was just as good.
I got to bring Teresa to school for the morning and we had fun.  My costume was apparently the talk of the school (in a positive sense), and the girls especially enjoyed her in class.  I made sure I wandered about the school and said hi to as many people as possible.  The students in 3 of my 4 classes did learn some stuff too, which was a higher proportion than the rest of the classes.  Teresa ate a pound of candy (mainly Tootsie Rolls, Pops and chocolate bars).  By the time Cara came by to pick her up for her nap I had sugar in my hair.  Teresa was gold all morning, and said hi to everyone she met and said thank you when given food.  She even gave up holding my hand to hold a student's hand and then gave her a hug and kiss goodbye at the end.  I did though have to take her costume off for an hour as it was made to wear outside when it was cold.  She drew pictures with students, and I have been offered baby-sitting services by a number of students.  When Teresa got home apparently she was cranky with rules being enforced and didn't fall asleep for her nap until 2, which is an hour late.
I will post more pictures & stories from the Trick or Treating once I get them from our official photographer Ray of the evening component.
At school with my daughter / monkey
Please note the dichotomy of Curious George holding a CG stuffed toy...  Yes, some people made fun of the amazing yellowness of my suit.  It was made of polyester and was freakin warm.
Teresa found a broken old Slinky and played with it...

Just a quick note in addition, Cara just winced from the baby's kick.  This baby tends to rock & roll around ten at night and has woken Cara up at night.  Oh yeah, and GP lost in the semifinals last night so our season is over.  It wasn't everything we hoped for but we did play well.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

The pictures were as cute as we could have hoped for! I'm glad that you made a positive impression on the people at school (and that Teresa was so well behaved)!

Sounds like you guys had a blast!