Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween II (Evening)

So after Teresa got back from the school and the sugar wore off, she had a nap.  When I got back up, I had her help we with my Jack O Lantern.  She scribbled on the front of the pumpkin and I used it to guide the nose and one of the eyes...

Ray & Myrna showed up and we got dressed to go out.  We went out for about 45 minutes because I had a football game to get to (we lost), and she was OK going home.  It was hilarious though.  The first house we went to was our neighbors and she tore her jacket off and wanted to play with their kids.  Every time I asked her what to say when she was at the door, should would say "Thank you".  Only for the last 3 houses (we hit 20 max) did she remember to say "Trick or Treat".  She also didn't really understand the whole the people give to you thing - she grabbed at the candy I explained that she had to share.  She also tried to rip a lollipop open and eat it right there, and I had to deftly maneuver it away from her.

I had great fun, but I should note sign of the apocalypse MCXLVII which is that Act II now pre-makes popcorn balls, wraps and sells them!!!  I still haven't opened it.  To be honest, I am kind of scared.  Apparently Teresa also loved our next door neighbor's son's costume as he had the official Curious George costume (but his dad doesn't love him enough to buy the Yellow Man costume :)  Having kids makes Halloween fun again.  Now for a few pics from two nights ago.



Playing a little before we head out

Getting candy from a house a few doors away.


Posing by the 'Scary Tree' as Teresa called it.
Many thanks to Ray who took some pictures.  My dad would be disgusted as he only took about 10 total :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang. That is YELLOW. (Ah! the goggles! zey do nothinggg!)

Are there any pictures of the pumpkin-scribbling, or of the Teresa-guided jack-o-lantern?

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest - I had forgotten how much yellow the Man in the Yellow Hat wore.

Wow.

Yellow.

Also, I second the call for pictures of the pumpkin!