Monday, June 11, 2012

Narcisse 2012

I can't quite recall when Teresa, Ray & I last went to Narcisse, but I had made plans to do so again this year.  After carefully checking out how the snakes were doing online and consulting the weather reports, I decided that the Sunday where I was alone with the girls (Cara was shopping in Grand Forks with Myrna & Andrea) would be the best.  As previously posted, I spent that Saturday at the lake.  When I got home, I checked the weather report and it was to be +25 with sun all day in Winnipeg & Inwood (right by Narcisse).  I spent some time finding someone who would come with me, and after I learned that one co-worker is a sissy face who is scared of snakes, I found someone to come with me, the head football coach & his three year old son Bobby.

I awoke Sunday morning and swore as wind & clouds had rolled in proving the quackery of the pesudo-science that is meteorology.  After church, we rolled on over to his house, and we rode on to Narcisse.  Once there, I realized that I was a terrible parent and the girls were way underdressed for the wind & 12C temperatures we had.  The only good thing about this weather is that it limited the number of snakes that were out, so the girls didn't get freaked out by a bajillion of them slithery around and into their pant legs...

Oooh! Red sided garter snakes!

Frances doesn't have a soft touch, it's either too soft to keep the snake under control or too hard.  It's kind of like with Margaret.

Walking Rowdy

The girls.
Love.  Frances is wearing Doug's toque, and I gave my jacket to Teresa, and Doug lent me a spare windbreaker.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why were you planning to be away from the beach when the forecast was for a great day? Strange indeed.

Dad

Ken said...

Lack of toilets & water was a major issue...