Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When the Cats are Away...

Well OK, it's only Cara (and half the video she's there for), but I figured I would allow the world to see the mayhem that ensues when I am in placed in charge.  You also get to see the new opening to the videos, as I figured Teresa's opening comment was cute...

Beyond that I want to add some information about what's been going on lately.  First, we have been dealing with illness, as Teresa is hacking away as I type but she is now fever free and I think things will get better.  Beyond that, advent has been a wonderful time here at Casa Yost, as Teresa looks forward to lighting the wreath, getting her nightly chocolate and reading a story every night from our Advent calendar.  It is quite a nice little evening ritual we have going on now.

Also a joy to watch is how Teresa and Frances interact.  Teresa will hug and kiss Frances and make sure she says good night, and Frances will go around looking for love from her sister too.  This of course is nothing like the sister relationships I am used to experiencing...  Frances communicates now, but I struggle to figure out what she says (Cara knows well) while Teresa can talk at a hundred miles an hour.   Teresa is also an amazingly active child, and loves singing, dancing and running laps.  She does a great rendition of Rudolph, which hopefully Cara will get on film from her Christmas concert.

Lastly, Teresa has finished her skating lessons and enjoyed them, but struggled a bit.  Swimming though is another matter.  She became a veritable fish this lesson set and dives under water and tries to swim all on her own...  She makes me proud.

Without further ado, a bit of our recent lives.

2 comments:

Edwin said...

I think Frances might be the youngest and smallest Sumo wrestling champion EVER!!!!

Ken said...

She's awesome in her weight class (12-24 lbs)