Sunday, December 12, 2010

Decorating Madness

Now that the girls are at an age when they are getting excited for Christmas, everything is more fun. We went as a family to pick out our tree (a $25 black spruce) and the girls were very into the whole process. Having learnt my lesson from last year I put all our kid friendly ornaments in one box so the girls could pick and decorate on their own. Teresa had the quote of the night. As she picked up each ornament she would declare "This is my favourite ornament!" After fifteen of her favourite ornaments I realized that she is either not very discriminating, or she has a lot of love in her heart. So far the tree has gone unmolested, but I have been too wary of Frances to put any wrapped gifts under the tree yet, that may be a Christmas Eve event this year.

 These stars were a favourite of Frances'


 She also loved the apples, except she thought they were tomatoes and kept referring to them as "Bob"

 Teresa got to put the angel on top of the tree this year, and although she doesn't look it, she was very excited.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ooo ... shiny! I see Frances' interest in red stuff continues