Monday, June 29, 2009

Time to catch up (I) - Wally's Wedding

Well, we've been posting like crazy but we've also been a little bit slack in terms of keeping up with pictures from events in a timely fashion.  I was uploading pictures onto the computer yesterday and realized "Holy Hannah, I haven't posted stuff from almost a month ago!".  This June we have been to Wally's wedding, had my birthday and father's day, had more pictures of random Teresa & Frances cuteness, had our priest retire, been to the Children's Museum, and in the next couple of days we plan to go to the zoo, our first baseball game and perhaps a movie.  Add to that we are meeting with Meghan & Olivia in mere minutes this means we have lots to share - or we will let stuff be forgotten forever (at least on the blog).  Lastly, we are soon to have sporadic posting due to our random beach schedule so I will start trying to catch up...

So here we are documenting Wally & Candray's wedding.  I was a groomsman, fun (virtually unbelievable) fact, I was the only groomsman describe by the photographer as 'sexy'.  It was a gorgeous day, with an early afternoon ceremony at St. Nicholas' Ukrainian Catholic Church and the reception at St. Charles Country Club.  The girls attended the rehearsal and went to the ceremony but not to the reception.  We learned that day that Frances really won't take the bottle and it isn't just me.  Myrna tried to feed Frances and she cried so hard Myrna was worried that she would choke and die, so Cara had to go home during some of the speeches.

We also visited Wally for dinner on the Friday for his last night as a bachelor. Wally and I celebrated by watching the Moose lose game 6 of the Calder Cup finals with only 1/50 the alcohol consumed at his bachelor party the previous weekend.  In fact, now that I think about, we drank more the morning of the ceremony with Mrs. Krawec then Friday night.  Why do I mention this though?  I figured I should point out how nervous Wally was about this, and how cute they are with our girls.  Wally is so enthusiastic with Teresa and it is great fun to watch....  Too much text, now for a few pictures...
Candray ready to rumble down the aisle, looking rather fetching in her (as Teresa calls it) 'Princess Dress'.
The happy couple, and one of Teresa's favorite things: Bubbles
The two girls, looking awful cute.
Yes, I am wearing Morning Dress with an ascot, why do you ask?
The girls haven't really figured out this whole looking at the camera deal.  Thank heavens for digital, but this is still the best we could do for a family picture.  Good luck in August Jackie.
The reception at my old stomping grounds...  Why yes, I may have some rye in that coke...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow -

1. I hope Frances is *good* about breastfeeding unlike her big sis, ig she hates bottles that much

2. Was it a Ukrainian Rite ceremony (seems implied)? Was it neato different?

Meghan said...

Had lots of fun - thanks for the last minute visit and the awesome Canadian onesie for Olivia. We were sorry to miss Wally and Candray's wedding - thanks for the photos!!!