Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Kids Bay-be

I should start this entry by saying I am not embarrassed by any of the information I am about to say in this post.

 When I was a youngster, I LOVED the New Kids, especially Joey. I had all the cassettes and my Mom even got me one of their t-shirts. I knew all the dance moves that went along with "Right Stuff," "Hangin' Tough," and my personal favourite...."Step by Step." When they came to Winnipeg the last time, I could not go. This time however, I had my own money, Ken to parent and my own car to get there. There was no stopping me, and I had a great time. I went with my cousin Jackie, and her New Kids collection includes dolls, hats and t-shirts...oh my. We sang, we danced and for one evening enjoyed our memories of high school. It was fab. I took some pictures of course. The next time they tour Jordan's pecks won't be nearly as perky:)

Me and Jackie, my partner in crime.

The grand entrance, I must admit I squealed a little.

Joey!

This picture made me laugh my ass off.

This is Jonathan, Jackie's favourite.

Oh come on! You knew one of them had to take their shirt off at some point.

Bye guys! Thanks for the great time:) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

V. cool - glad you had a good time!

J.

Sarah said...

This just makes me think of the Arrogant Worms' number "Boy Band"

we're singing in a boyyy bannd ... the lyrics are weak and the music's bland...

Not that I'm really knocking it - boy band music is far preferable to a lot of the awful stuff out there :-)