Friday, February 20, 2009

More pics

We were allowed to go home yesterday with Frances, so Ray & Myrna brought Rowdy and Teresa back to the house and we relaxed.  After Teresa went to bed I got to cuddle Frances for a good hour while Cara caught a cat nap before the next feeding.

Right now feedings last about an hour (is she a slow eater or is the colestrum just really slow? We're not too sure.) and Cara is working on one as we speak.  I took today off (my one day I get) and am having a good time managing the two girls and the dog.  Rowdy has sniffed Frances down and seems to understand that he is going to be getting a little less attention now.

Frances went to bed around 1:00 and slept until 5:45 when she fed again.  I somehow got suckered into doing all the diapers this weekend so I am getting up to help at these odd hours now :)  Now for a few more pictures.  I will try to get video, but 90% of the tim it would involve Cara's boobs being out so I have to be careful.
I forgot how a well fed baby goes into a milk induced coma...
I got Teresa to hold Frances today solely for photographic evidence that they like each other.  Many people seem to enjoy the attitude that Teresa is evidencing in the hospital pic, but that was only caused by Myrna telling Teresa not to cover her eyes so she put her arms down crossed.
Another one?  Man!
Teresa really wanted a picture of her & her tower.
Teresa came up and asked to cuddle with me when she saw Frances doing it.  This is a welcome change, I no longer have to beg.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Congrats on your new little one She's adorable.

And NO it's not unusual for feeding to take an hour at this stage, it's something that we block out from the first time.

Congrats again
(oh and I'm a friend of Rachel's not just some random blog stalker)

Paula said...

Congrats Ken & Cara & Teresa!
I'm excited to see the new bundle of joy - I would love to eat those cookies Cara! Enjoy the new baby time.
Paula

Anonymous said...

I don't know. That could just be a carefully crafted "I love my sister" shot, and not the real thing. This is blatant emotional manipulation by the media! Horrors!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So I'm trying to tell from the photos - is Frances' hair a bit lighter/ redder than Teresa's was early-early on? Maybe a bit thinner too? Teresa started with *quite* the dark, full head of baby hair.