Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yesterday Sucked...

Well, I guess that is a little bit of a harsh assessment, as we had a good visit to the wading pool and mom & dad spent some time with Teresa, but I took Teresa & Rowdy to the dog park around 6:30, and as usual I throw a ball in the river for him to fetch... No problems, but he runs in the river in anticipation with another dog and I hear some whining, which I figured was the other dog nervous about swimming in deep water, so I throw the ball in and Rowdy doesn't want to go for it, but he eventually does with coaxing, zig zagging out to the ball instead of taking a straight line, kind of odd. He runs straight out and brings the ball to me running normally. He started licking his leg though so I looked a little closer and there is a 1.5 inch clean cut above his paw.

A trip to the vet emerg, anesthesia, 4 stitches, $650, and a midnight pickup and Rowdy is fixed up. It turned out he severed a tendon, which is worrisome as the vet pointed out that everything is under a great deal of tension in the leg so he could easily pop it. He has to keep a bandage on for a few days, stiches in for 14 and probably not do any major exercise / running / swimming (he is not to get it wet, period for 14 - 21 days)... Right on time to go to the lake, poor thing.

Beyond that, there is not much to report about Teresa. She has been going to the local wading pool and finally let grandpa read her stories. Here are a few pics.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Teresa... We will be using this in pools where she can't touch & Kenora


Mom is reading Curious George.


Dad is reading Munsch


Teresa was wandering around yesterday with a with a gift bag on her head, unable to see, lifting a bit to make sure she wouldn't ram into things and then walking... IIRC Ed got French Fries in the eyes playing a game like this once...


Our poor puppy with his bandage. We also need to use the lampshade when we aren't near him to make sure he isn't licking.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

Poor dog! He looks even more sad and forlorn than Kona usually does!

And yes, I got french fries and a gash that required stitches. I still have the scar near my eye.