Friday, October 26, 2007

Teresa at Home

Well, it has been a long long week. I learned today that I can teach still without too much preparation, as I was out until 2:00 am having a few commiseratory hoppy beverages with the football staff as we were somewhat unexpectedly bounced from the playoffs in the first round. For those that care we went 5-2 in the regular season, but lost our last game and we lost this week. 6 points in 8 quarters (all safeties no less) wins very very few football games.

Ah well... I am now free to do some other stuff with my time. Teresa finds new ways to amaze us every day. She now says 'da' when she is done eating something and wants to move on. Speaking of eating, Teresa ate a lentil curry last week. I am glad my daughter is already eating all sorts of spicy food. That's right, she already has a tougher palate than her paternal grandfather! Also, she has been able to lift herself up directly from the ground by bridging up, and can sumo squat down and push back up. Other stuff that she's been up to includes being able to point at specific objects when asked, and she's down to two bottles a day... She has also stopped tormenting Rowdy as much after we read about ways to improve their relationship. There's a million other tidbits and I never think of relaying them, but I heard Cara talking on the phone so I thought those would be great on the blog! Hopefully I can get Cara in guest blogging soon because she has way more material than I do.

Cara here...I didn't want to take up room on a separate post. Teresa had a doctor's appointment today. She weighs 22 pounds and is 32 inches long. She got her shots, looked at the doctor like he was Satan, and we then made our way home.

Ken neglected to mention Teresa can also say the "Row" part of Rowdy and her new favourite game is picking up a soccer ball, throwing it, repeat as necessary. She is working on two more teeth, one on the bottom and one on the top. She now walks laps around the house and makes me dizzy and tired just watching her. She a total clown and will do anything for a laugh.

I took a bunch of pictures today and Ken took video of Teresa in the tub, spinning with we and on the motorbike so he will post the pics now and have to edit the video still...

Happy Girl


I Saw Her Standing There


Don't Ask Me. I'm Just An Evening Parent.


Putting Her Toys Away


OK, Maybe She Was Unpacking It...


A Really Happy Well Fed Baby


Cara Painted These Herself

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Bout time!

Sorry to hear about the loss. Great guest post!

J.

Anonymous said...

If you think you're dizzy now, just wait until she starts to RUN in circles... I think with the little ones showing up, a door between the master bedroom and the living room at the cabin is in order. That way they'll have a good rainy day circle route! We were totally deprived of a circle route and that just wasn't right!

Too bad about losing the ball game. Maybe if you hadn't taken pages out of the Bombers strategy guide you'd be doing better! :) How many balls did they drop on Saturday?

Edwin said...

22 pounds? My adorable little niece is fully one-fifth of my wife's weight??? Not to mention almost three feet tall? Is she some sort of mutant super baby?

Sorry about the football loss Ken, but there's always next year? And look on the bright side! Your defensive line must have rocked (relatively speaking) to be able to get three safeties? Or is high school football more prone to them?

Ed

Anonymous said...

Very cute pumpkins, Cara!

Cara said...

Thanks Pearl! If you like my pumpkins, you'll love my droopy boob witch.