Monday, May 22, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...

Well we made it! After a nice trip we finally burnt out in Grand Forks and just wanted to be home so we cut our Target experience short. Unfortunately, the border took us 2 hours! I don't know exactly what was happening, but the US guard was screening cars heading towards the Emerson station for something. A Mitsubishi Eclipse with a lone Asian male was one of the cars that was screened so obviously we weren't it. When we finally got to the border, they never even asked how much we spent, rather just alcohol and tobacco. So we were 100% honest, no booze but we had spent our limit plus a bit more!

We ended up buying from Sears a Pooh bedsheet set, a changing table from IKEA along with a dresser for me. Little Yostie inherits my old one. Cara got maternity clothes and Alison went insane (in a good way I assure you, especially if Alison is reading this!) and bought us some really nice baby clothes and what Little Yostie is coming home in... A Tigger hat and booties! I ended up getting a new swimsuit and boxers.

All in all it was a nice weekend. We went out for dinner with Alison, Daisen & Yas at a neat-o and ultra-chic place called Chino Latino. That night Cara and Yas watched (and mocked) the Sniper series of movies on Spike, while I laughed at random websites Yas pointed me to. Check out brunching.com and engrish.com for some good laughs!

Also on Sunday I had a near death experience! Not really, but Daisen & I were at Valleyfair and early in the day it was dead. We got onto every ride we wanted to within one load of having lined up. We went on Wild Thing and Steel Venom a few times and then tried the new Extreme Swing which was cromulent! It was a lot of fun... All in all we rode it about 6-8 times. Around noon lines began to form, but we still only really had to wait long for High Roller (which I never had to wait for before) and the Power Tower. It was a huge amount of fun! I learned something because I rode the rides so many times. Thrill rides suck with your eyes closed, which is the opposite of what I expected. But back to my near death experience. We took our last Wild Thing ride around 3:30, and then did Steel Venom for one last time. At 4:15 we left. At 4:30, Wild Thing lost a car and 18 people were 'injured' (read had soreness), it really wasn't that bad. Stories by Kare 11 (w/ video) & WCCO (w/ pics). Either way, I had fun and will go back. Daisen is officially a teenager, his moodiness makes a pregnant Cara look stable!

In other news... The garlic store at the Mall of America is closed, PBloco isn't what it's cracked up to be, IHOP is a nice Perkins, but not terribly international and Caribou Coffee kicks Starbucks butt, especially in the Chai department!

Cara wants me to point that Little Yostie is moving, moving, moving! We are awaiting Rowdy's arrival from Kenora any minute now too so have a good night everyone!

No comments: