Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Dinners in Stonewall

It has come to be a tradition in our family that most Sundays (save summers, winter vacation...) we pack the kids up and rumble down Highway 210 to Ray and Myrna's house in Stonewall for dinner. I really enjoy visiting with the in-laws as it reminds me of my grandfather coming to our house for family dinners, a treasured memory. I chose a few pictures from one of our recent dinners to share with you the girls' general insanity...

I am not sure what is happening here, although I think it may involve window licking...  Myrna is the only person I know who is as concerned with finger prints as my father.  I regularly tell the girls "Whatever you do, don't lick ______" and then they do it almost immediately after.  I can't believe their level of disrespect for my authority ;)

Running around the back yard playing with the princess soccer ball.  Teresa has enjoyed soccer (although she isn't always enamoured with the soccer part), and her last game is Tuesday.

Grandpa pulled out the croquet set.

3 comments:

Jackie Yost said...

Wonderful pictures! See you soon.

Sarah said...

So I guess Dad can be grateful that they don't actually *lick* the cabin windows. Has somebody been teaching them French words related to shopping? :)

Pearl said...

Licking windows? Fascinating... Do you think Dad could get them to help with the windows that way? I don't think the job would go faster, but it would be funny for all to see.