Sunday, January 31, 2010

Building Snowmen Again...

Teresa and I got to reprise our awesome snowman building skills from last year much earlier due to a warm spell that hit zero couple with a decent slush-fall so we went out and built a snowman together.  And here is our first snowman:

Here Teresa makes her first snowman on her own as I shovel the snow


The snowman we built together.  Teresa dressed it and put all the face & buttons on with only help pushing them in.  She in holding its hand.

As it was about to get quite cold again I suggested making another one the next day after church, which "we" did.  Teresa initially wanted to make a snow Rowdy, but then quickly got distracted by our neighbors.  I made a dog (with awesome cereal box floppy ears, and courtesy of Teresa playing with it, a pinecone snout) and then got on to snowman #2.  Teresa helped dress it and put its eyes, etc on and is quite smitten with Rowdy.  She has decided that one snowman is a girl and the other one (I may recall) is daddy...  Which one is which I am not sure.  So we ended the day and went in for hot chocolate and lunch.  That afternoon the temperature dropped (as expected) and now we have two very solid snowmen that Teresa shows everyone (the Hydro guy, auntie, etc...) and loves to look at.

Rowdy and his snow doppelgänger flank the snowmen.

Teresa posing proudly with daddy's her creations!

As you may also be aware Teresa and I have been taking swimming and skating lessons during the week.  We should be able to get you pictures and video next week as Cara has promised to come.  To tide you over, I will give you pictures of how to celebrate a successful half hour on the rink on an evening that is -30 with wind, Manitoba style...  SLURPEES (actually Mac's Frosters)!!  You also get a bonus picture of Frances enjoying her first spoonful of sweet sugary slurpee goodness.

I LOVE SUGAR!!!!  It is a more powerful force than being cold.  Auntie Jackie understands, she turned blue in Florida based on this principle!


I think she might just like sugar too...

5 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Macbook and slurpee? That's living on the edge...

Cara said...

I know, we're badass, but that's just how we roll in the Yost household.

Pearl said...

I greatly enjoy the snowRowdy - the whole grouping is quite adorable. As for the Slurpees - Mac's?!?!? Why??? I know they closed the 7-11 near your place, but that shouldn't cause you to boycott all 7-11s, should it?

Ken said...

Pearl:
1 - Mac's is on the way home, 7-11 no longer is
2 - Frosters are actaully sometimes better than Slurpees (as a connoisseur you should know that - much like Aussie wines can be better than French :)
3 - I also attempt to boycott 7-11 b/c they have an exclusive deal with Frito-Lay now. No Old Dutch. Not that it normally matters, but it pisses me off.

Pearl said...

Hmm... no Old Dutch? How utterly bizarre.

BTW, I have another theory - it's not that Frances likes sugar... Rather, she's just trying to give the straw a kiss. :)