Wednesday, September 01, 2010

All Dogs Go to Heaven?

Well, while I am well aware the I am not on solid doctrinal ground here, I am pretty sure that every day I see Rowdy I am seeing the first dog destined towards sainthood.  Rowdy came to us just under 5 years ago now, where he was for a very short period in time #1 in the house, getting all of our attention...  Of course we all know why he slipped down the ranks, but it is wonderful to see how well he plays with the girls, and how he just leaves when he doesn't like what is being done.

This has been a tough summer on Rowdy, as we left him for the first time in a kennel.  Although he was playing with dogs constantly there, when we got back you could tell how happy he was.  We then retired to one of his favorite places, Grand Beach where he got more pets than ever from my dad, but he was restricted from swimming in the lake for too long due to the algae slick.  He continues to prove his mettle on a daily basis.  Today I saw some things that I had to take pictures of and share.  As the years have gone by we spend less time taking pictures of Rowdy, but he keeps showing up in the background.  Here is our gracious dog back in the foreground.

In the background, but happy likely due to consumption of dropped food.  We have to check his total food intake daily...  And at least one person/thing is looking good in this picture.


Rowdy in his element.  If you look closely there a bajillion dragon flies.


Princess Rowdy.  Please note the fearlessness of Frances.


And let's grab the princess' tail.  I am sure Rowdy is thinking here "Why don't you help me?"


Paging Dr. Dog...


I was told that these were all of Rowdy's babies.  Teresa has also told us how he has babies in his tummy before, this is their first adventure outside.  Rowdy initially moved away because Teresa was sticking them under his belly.


A wet dog is a happy dog.

3 comments:

Jackie Yost said...

Rowdey looks concerned! I see you have changed the photos in the banner. But nothing with the dog.

Meghan said...

Dignity, thy name is Rowdy

Louis said...

WOOF