Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Things have been humming along here at casa Yost, but there have been a couple new developments. Frances, who used to hate stories and would always squirm her way out of them, has now taken a shine to the literary arts. She will request books (by carrying them to you and plunking herself on your lap....very subtle) and actually sits through the whole thing. One of the reasons for this change of heart is Teresa. Frances loves her sister and tries to copy her every movement, and this has now resulted in reading, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.



The other major development in the house has been the setting up of the bunk beds. We actually purchased bunk beds that could be separated, and Teresa has been using the top bunk. Since Frances insists on getting bigger I thought it would be a good idea to set up both and let the girls slowly get used to the new arrangement. Teresa is all over this and loves being on the top bunk. I hope she is as equally enthusiastic when fall rolls around and she has a new roommate.

Frances trying out her big girl bed

Teresa was a little nervous climbing the ladder, but after a bit of practice she's a pro.

It should relieve everyone to know Teddy also approves the new arrangement.

7 comments:

Ken Yost said...

I should note that when I went to bed I checked on Teresa and she has mastered the nighttime climb... She had 12 books in the bed with her.

Pearl said...

Oh good, I was worried that Teddy might be afraid of heights... :)

Sarah said...

well, Jackie and me got along pretty well in one room in our preadolescent years, so maybe there's hope.

However, somebody needs to tell Teresa that books are not for cuddling up to in bed :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when we got Daisen his first "big boy" bed. It was when I walked into his bedroom to find him perched on the crib railing preparing to jump down. He'd done it before!

It truly was time for a bed.

Alison

Jacqueline said...

What is wrong with cuddling up with books?

Sarah said...

they poke - they're not very cuddly :)

and as I recall, T can wind up backwards in bed moving in the night, so I envision books tumbling to the floor in a clatter.

Cara said...

Ken and I don't see anything wrong with her having books in her bed either. If they fall, they fall. Only I would wake up anyway, the roof could cave in on Teresa and she would stay asleep.