Thursday, May 06, 2010

Cruelty, Thy Name is Mommy

I will be the first to admit that I am amused by the predicaments my children can get themselves into. Frances is especially susceptible to this, seeing as she is a dare devil who knows no fear and all. So, when she gets herself into a jam because of this personality trait, my tendency is to first laugh, then take pictures, then rescue her. Some may be horrified by this attitude, but, no matter. I laugh more than most of them, and with Frances, laughter equals not suffering constant heart attacks. Because if you have met Frances, you will know that before her second birthday she will have fashioned herself a parachute and jumped off the roof, laughing the entire time. If I don't laugh with her, her actions will either rapidly turn my hair gray, or kill me, the jury is still out on which will come first.

Oh oh, looks like somebody tried to climb into a box that was much too tall

Yay, way to figure it out Frances!

Apparently, the sweet smell of success was not enough to make her happy

All better! All she needed was a hug from Mommy.

6 comments:

Ken said...

I think you meant to type "turn my hair grayer. Just saying...

Anonymous said...

I assume the "All better. All she needed was a hug from mommy" is simply soothing your guilty conscience. Such a sad child!

Dad

Sarah said...

Certain mad photographers of bathtime assaults shouldn't throw stones... :)

Pearl said...

It doesn't look like there's anything at the bottom of the box... why on Earth was she trying to get in? The thrill of the chase? To get away from something? Oh, to be able to read minds... :)

Meghan said...

Happy mother's day Cara! You will have to send me your perogie recipe. Seriously jonesing over here. Will have to take you guys to a great e. european cafeteria while you are here....

Tarra said...

Wow!!! The first picture made Edwin and I laugh so hard we almost fell of the couch!!! Priceless!!!

P.S. Happy Mother's Day Cara!!